The Entomology Graduate Student Organization (EGSO) is a graduate student-run organization within the department of Entomology at Iowa State University. It exists to assist Entomology graduate students by:
- formally voicing the interests and concerns of the graduate students in the Department of Entomology,
- promoting the professional development and educational enhancement of graduate students in the aforementioned department through formal and informal seminars, meetings, discussions, and dissemination of literature
- serving as a peer group source of information for the incoming and currently enrolled graduate students with respect to academic and non-academic requirements, and
- providing social events for graduate students, their families and friends for interaction, relaxation and fun.
Incoming students are provided with a mentor to assist with the transition to graduate school.
- See our constitution
President: Maura Hall
Vice-president : Ashley St. Clair
Secretary : Abigail Kropf
Treasurer : Courtney Huerter
Graduate Student Senator : Jacob Johnson
The faculty adviser is Dr. Joel Coats
- Entomology Graduate Students attended the national meeting of the Entomological Society of America in St. Louis. Congratulations the following students who received either first or second place in their sections.
- Ashley Dean
- Maura Hall
- Abigail Kropf
- John McCulloch
- Caroline Murray
- Ashley St. Clair
- Colin Wong