August 27th is Insect Day
Insect day is an opportunity for individuals in the Ames and surrounding communities to learn from Iowa State graduate students! This event will begin with short informational sections on the insects we encounter in our daily lives followed by an insect collection event. All ages and skill levels are welcome! Each participant will receive an informational packet, an insect pinning kit and lunch! All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
The cost of the event is $20 for anyone who would like to participate. This will include an insect collection box, pins, and lunch. For $5 admission, anyone can observe the event and have lunch with an entomologist. Payment can be made by cash or check on the day of the event.
To sign up CLICK HERE!
The Entomology Graduate Student Organization (EGSO) is a graduate student-run organization within the Department of Entomology at Iowa State University. It exists to assist Entomology graduate students by:
- Formally voicing the interests and concerns of the graduate students in the Department of Entomology,
- Promoting the professional development and educational enhancement of graduate students in the aforementioned department through formal and informal seminars, meetings, discussions, and dissemination of literature
- Serving as a peer group source of information for the incoming and currently enrolled graduate students with respect to academic and non-academic requirements, and
- Providing social events for graduate students, as well as their families and friends, for interaction, relaxation and fun.
See our Constitution
- Ent grad students led insect lab sections for ISU's Master Gardener certification program on two weekends recently.
- Congratulations to the new executive officers for the 2022-2023 academic year!
- Follow us on twitter! @ISUentomology for updates on events & seminars, and photos from our events!