CD-ROM, by Taxonomic Group
- Calodema Website of Dr TJ Hawkeswood - Website provides free PDF files of TJ Hawkeswood and his co-workers biological research.
- Carabini of Yugoslavia and adjacent areas - The first in the series is the "Catalogue of the Fauna of Yugoslavia: Carabini" representing an interactive, multimedia guide through 140 taxa of Coleoptera from the tribe Carabini registered in Yugoslavia and the surrounding countries.
- Forest Insects and Their Damage - images from the Southern Forest Insect Work Conference Slide Series [The Southern Extension and Research Activity-Information Exchange Group-12 SERA-IEG-12)]. Images may be used freely for non-profit educational purposes when accompanied by an appropriate copyright notice.
- Forest Pests of North America - integrated pest management PhotoCD series. Three hundred (300) images in Kodak Photo CD format that can be used to support and assist the implementation of forest IPM in the North America.
- Hforest - Hypermedia Forest Insect and Disease Knowledgebase and Diagnosis.
Hemiptera (true bugs)
Homoptera (aphids, scale insects, leafhoppers, cicadas)
Hymenoptera (wasps, ants, bees)
- All About Bees
- Calodema Website of Dr TJ Hawkeswood - - - - - Website provides free PDF files of TJ Hawkeswood and his co-workers biological research.
- World Chalcidoidea Database on CD-ROM - complete World Catalogue of all 26,000 names used in Chalcidoidea, more than 95,000 host records, over 110,000 distribution records, more than 300 colour images of adults and immature stages of most families, and an immense amount of information on their use in biocontrol, biology, physiology, etc. Windows only.
Lepidoptera (butterflies, moths)
- Biology of Cameraria ohridella - ideo, by Ulrich Zunke and Gerhard Doobe, chronicles the feeding behavior and morphology of the horse-chestnut leaf miner in Hamburg, Germany.
- British Butterflies - covers 61 species from Britain and Ireland. Over one hour of motion video.
- British Butterfly prints by Humphreys - Scans of 42 original antique prints from Henry Noel Humphrey's British Butterflies. The prints were over 155 years old and had original hand coloring. They feature the butterflies on the wild flowers and plants they inhabit.
- Butterflies of North America CD-ROM: A Natural History and Field Guide - by Dr. James A. Scott. Pictures of 679 species; maps; life cycles; behavior; hostplants; identification tools; glossary. For Windows only.
- Butterfly Tutorials - caterpillars and adults of cloudless sulpher, giant swallowtail, Gulf fritillary, longtailed skipper, zebra longwing, black swallowtail, monarch, viceroy, European cabbage butterfly and Florida atala.
- Calodema Website of Dr TJ Hawkeswood - - - - - - Website provides free PDF files of TJ Hawkeswood and his co-workers biological research.
- Canegrub - training package for the Australian sugar industry
- Colour Atlas of the Siberian Lepidoptera - by Eduard Berlov
- Forest Insects and Their Damage - - images from the Southern Forest Insect Work Conference Slide Series [The Southern Extension and Research Activity-Information Exchange Group-12 SERA-IEG-12)]. Images may be used freely for non-profit educational purposes when accompanied by an appropriate copyright notice.
- Forest Pests of North America - - integrated pest management PhotoCD series. Three hundred (300) images in Kodak Photo CD format that can be used to support and assist the implementation of forest IPM in the North America.
- Hforest - - - - Hypermedia Forest Insect and Disease Knowledgebase and Diagnosis.
- Key to Butterflies of the Lake Baikal Region - almost 2000 high resolution full-color digital images of all 197 Baikalian species and many of its caterpillars and pupae. Includes pictured key to butterfly families and pictured keys to all species. Detailed information of every species (in Russian). HTML format for Macintosh or PC. First version 31 Dec 2001. Price: $30.00 US (incl. postage). For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Lepibase - Butterflies of Europe. Author is Antti Roine from Finland. Includes high resolution photos of almost all European butterflies and many caterpillars as well as distribution maps.
- Schmetterlingsfotos auf CD - European Butterflies. Two PhotoCDs. CD 1: Nymphalida, Papilionidae, Pieridae. CD 2: Lycaenidae, Nemeobiidae, Danaidae, Satyridae.
Neuroptera (lacewings, ant lions, dobsonflies)
Odonata (dragonflies, damselflies)
Orthoptera (grasshoppers, crickets)
- An Illustrated Catalog of Orthoptera - Complete taxonomic and synonymic catalog of the superfamily Tettigonioidea (katydids, bush-crickets and their allies) of the world. It includes all taxa, from family down to subspecies, of Tettigonioidea described until the end of 1998. For Macintosh or Windows.
- Katydids of Costa Rica Vol. 1 - Systematics and bioacoustics of the cone-head katydids by Piotr Naskrecki
- Mole Cricket Knowledgebase - Florida's pest management success story. Mole cricket knowledgebase on all ten species found in the United States, including Hawaii, and Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Distribution, description, life cycle, damage, and biological controls. Identification key for these species that makes heavy use of graphics and photographs. Large lists of references in every area. HTML format works on PCs and Macs.
- Myths and Science of Cricket Chirps - - hissing cockroach and cricket chirping
- Orthoptera of the Netherlands - Book, De sprinkhanen en krekels van Nederland (Orthoptera) by Roy Kleukers, Erik van Nieukerken, Baudewijn Odé, Luc Willemse and Walter van Wingerden. Accompanying CD is titled "De zingende sprinkhanen en krekels van de Benelux" [The singing Orthoptera of the Benelux-countries] by Baudewijn Odé Book is 416 p., 14 colour plates, bound, with dust-jacket. ISBN 90-5011-100-9. Publication: 15 may 1997. Price: HFL 82,50 (excl. P&P). Order in writing from: KNNV Uitgeverij, Oudegracht 237, 3511 NK Utrecht, Netherlands. Fax: +31-30-236 89 07
- Songs of Crickets and Katydids of the Mid-Atlantic States - audio CD
- Annotated Invertebrate Clip Art - 780 colorful graphics in 17 categories, including arthropoda, insecta, insect anatomy and behavior
- Antique prints of insects by Charles Orbigny - From original antique prints from the first edition of Dictionnaire D'Histoire Naturelle by Charles Orbigny, published in 1849.
- Backyard Bugs - Natural history of the monarch butterfly, dragonfly, praying mantis, stick insects, luna moth, viceroy butterfly, antlion, caddisflies, whirligig beetle, giant water bug, hickory horned devil caterpillar, millipedes, centipedes, tarantulas, honey bee, mosquitoes, cockroaches, and flies via macro photography videos. Included ctivities are designed for 5-10 year olds. $79.95.
- Belgian Spiders - descriptions available for the species from Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, France, Germany
- BioEd - multimedia tool to help teach taxonomy and systematics to undergraduates
- Bug Tutorials - Authorized for pesticide applicator training CEUs in Arizona, Florida, Vermont and West Virginia. Excellent for training in many categories. Requires Windows operating system.
- BugMatch Citrus - allows you to identify pests, pathogens and deficiency diseases in citrus. Colour images, video, sound and text are combined to give you a comprehensive coverage of some of the factors affecting citrus production as well as a greater understanding of pest management in citrus. This product was produced in 1995. University of Queensland.
- BugMatch Cotton - for cotton production in Australia. Pest keys, photos and video, IPM strategies
- BugMatch Grapes - for grape production in Australia and New Zealand. Keys for diagnosing diseases and pests, fact sheets
- Entomology Abstracts - global coverage on the geographic distribution, nomenclature, new species, and more of insects and insect-like species.
- Entopix Vol. 1 - over 1000 images and 7 video clips of plant parasitic arthropods and their natural enemies
- Florida Vegetable Pest Photographic Gallery CD-ROMs - Three CD-ROMs in HTML format contain over 260 high quality images of vegetable pests and their damage. Pests are common to Florida. However, many are common throughout the U.S. and the world. Images are provided in three different sizes and resolutions: print quality, display for large audiences and web-optimized.
- Global Insecticide Directory - includes biological control agents
- Harmful Effects and Emergency Response to Pesticide Poisoning, Heat Stress and Heat Stroke - Tutorial based on Chapter 10 of the Applying Pesticide Correctly manual. Windows only.
- Insect Jigsaw Puzzles
- Nomina Insecta Nearctica - checklist of the insects of North America. Abbreviated online version of the publication of the same title published by Entomological Information Services in 1996 and 1997 in four volumes and a CD-ROM.
- Ozpest - reference system for urban insects and their control. Keys to urban insect pests, timber damage, stored product damage. University of Queensland, Australia
- Pecan Pest Management - Pecan Pest Management. Available from the Texas Pecan Growers Association. Send check for $30.00 plus $3.00 shipping (Texas residents add $4.95 [8.25 percent sales tax]) to: Olde Pecan Book Store, P.O. Drawer CC, College Station, TX 77841
- Pesticide Labeling Tutorial - Based on chapter 2 of the "Applying Pesticides Correctly" manual. Requires Windows operating system.
- Pests in and Around the Home - Knowledgebase of pests of humans, pets, structures, lawns and landscapes. CD-ROM contains information on pest biology, life cycle, identification keys, distribution, damage, and management. Hundreds of color photographs. HTML version works on Mac or PCs. Version 2.0.
- Plant Protection Database - formerly CABPESTCD. Over 30 years of research from over 75 countries. Provides an ideal source for professionals and students requiring an international perspective on crop protection, pesticide research, and the agricultural sciences
- RiceIPM - interactive training to learn about integrated pest management in tropical rice. From a collaboration between Ministries of Agriculture in Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam; the International Rice Research Institute in the Philippines; and The University of Queensland, Australia
- School IPM - a CD-ROM capture of the National School IPM site
- Science Snoops - The Monarch Case - Students play the role of new researchers as they work to solve each life science mystery case as part of a team of real and virtual scientists. Virtual co-workers are portrayed by actors who interact with the student to give information, assign work, and give feedback on students' performance.
- Survey of the Invertebrates - part of the extensive Survey of the Animal Kingdom series. For Windows and Macintosh. Discount for school or library. Over 600 color photos.
- The BUGS project - New Zealand terrestrial invertebrate literature 1775-1993.
- The UC Guide to Solving Garden and Landscape Problems - 40 fruit and vegetable crops and 80 ornamental plants, each with its own pest species list. Management strategies for more than 600 common pests with 2800 separate information screens and 4800 color photographs
- WoodyBug - knowledgebase on woody ornamental pests (insects and mites) of the southeast United States.