Lesson Plans, by Entomological Subdiscipline
Apiculture (Beekeeping) and Social Insects
- Honeybee - students identify honeybee responsibilities inside the hive, importance of the honeybee to humans, and discover how honeybees communicate. Pre-K to 4th grade
Behavior and Ecology
- Arthropod Proverbs - A collection of pithy sayings mentioning arthropods, organized taxonomically.
- Georgia WOWBugs Project - Melittobia digitata, commonly found in nature but never before in the pre-college classroom. Educational materials developed to teach fundamental biological concepts to grades 5-12.
- Alphabetical Insects - students find the names of insects that begin with each letter of the alphabet. Elementary-middle school
- Crickets in the Classroom - instructional package of information,activities, worksheets, drawing and links
- Life Cycles - students will identify the life stages of four different insects and will care for and observe the life cycle of one species. Pre-K to 4th grade
- Teacher/Parent Resource Materials - including Wee Beasties, and entomology newsletter for teachers, and lesson plans
- Using Live Insects in Elementary Classrooms - lesson plans using insects to teach a variety of subjects: math, language arts, music, art, drama, science and health