Research Programs, by Entomological Subdiscipline
Apiculture (Beekeeping) and Social Insects
- Bee Alert - using bees to assess environmental hazards. Online video cameras, electronic hive monitoring. Kids' section.
- Bee Research Lab - Beltsville, MD. Research projects and instruction for submission of samples to the diagnostic service. USDA-ARS
- Benefit of Manuka Honey - An informational site that describes the benefits of using Manuka Honey for medicinal purposes.
- Carl Hayden Bee Research Center GEARS - research on bees and pollination. USDA-ARS
- Gruppo di Studio per Gli Insetti Sociali UniversitÃƒÂ di Firenze - Discovering Social Wasps. Study Group for Social Wasps of the Department of Animal Biology of the University of Florence, Italy. Italian and English. Biology and behaviour of social wasps (mainly Polistes)
- Ohio State University Bee Breeding Program - bee breeding and instrumental insemination of honeybees including procedures, equipment and training
Behavior and Ecology
- Behavioural Ecology of Insect Parasitoids - Behavioural ecology is a scientific field that tries to understand what sort of optimal behaviours animals should adopt in order to maximise their production of progeny. The aim of the programme is to foster, at the European level, researchers in this filed using insect parasitoids as a biological model.
- Chemicals Affecting Insect Behavior - laboratory involved in research on controlling insect behavior using semiochemicals. Active in isolation and identification of natural product chemicals that influence insect behavior.
- Insect Behaviour Group - interests ranging from the neural bases of behaviour to the theoretical modeling of mating systems
- Iowa Mail-In Deer Tick Survey - free identification of ticks sent in by Iowa residents
- Monarch Butterfly Migration - about the migration patterns of butterflies. Includes observational information about where they have seen monarchs and under what circumstances.
- Monarch Watch - including info on monarch butterfly biology, literature and current projects
- North Central Regional Committee on Migration and Dispersal of Insects and other Biota - Research and news about movement and dispersal of biota with a strong emphasis on insects. Primary outlet of information about NCR-148, but also other groups worldwide working with the movement of biota in atmospheric motion systems. Housed at University of Illinois.
- The Periodical Cicada - overview of periodical cicada and current research
- Biocontrol Web Site - USDA-ARS laboratory searches for alternative methods to reduce crop losses caused by insect pests. Research on the introduction and conservation of pests' natural enemies and use of trap crops
- Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey - combined effort by U.S. federal and state agricultural organizations to conduct surveillance, detection, and monitoring of agricultural crop pests and biological control agents
- Evaniidae Research - The Evaniidae (Hymenoptera) are a medium-sized family of wasps without stings whose solitary larvae "parasitize" the eggcases of cockroaches
- North Central Regional Committee on Migration and Dispersal of Insects and other Biota - - Research and news about movement and dispersal of biota with a strong emphasis on insects. Primary outlet of information about NCR-148, but also other groups worldwide working with the movement of biota in atmospheric motion systems. Housed at University of Illinois.
- Citrus Research International - research on citrus pests. South Africa
- Landscape Entomology Laboratory - Purdue University
Host Plant Resistance
- Kearney Agricultural Center Citrus Entomology Laboratory - provides degree-day and resistance management information to citrus growers
Medical and Veterinary Entomology
- Bristol University Entomology Group - myiasis causing flies, mainly Luccilia sericata, parasitic mites
- Dengue and Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever - surveillance, outbreaks. World Health Organization
- Florida Medical Entomology Laboratory - research and education on arthropods of medical importance and on ecologically sound control strategies
- Integrated Management of Arthropod Pests of Livestock and Poultry - regional research project S-274, Veterinary Entomology, livestock and poultry pests
- Maggot Debridement Therapy - cleansing non-healing wounds with maggots
- Phlebotomine Sand fly and Leishmania Research at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine - Introduction to the research on the Phlebotomine sand fly vector of the Leishmania parasite. Overview of current research including, insect genomics, biology, biochemistry and field research.
- Tick Research Laboratory - non-profit adjunct of the Department of Biological Sciences, University of Rhode Island
- Vector-borne Infectious Diseases - Tulane University Department of Tropical Medicine
Physiology, Biochem., Toxicology, Mol. Biology
- Ephemeroptera Genomics - at the Whiting Lab, Brigham Young University
- Laboratory for Pest Control Application Technology - multidisciplinary 5-department, 20-member team focused on developing a better understanding of toxin delivery processes, optimizing pest control systems and reducing human and environmental exposure.
- Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey - - combined effort by U.S. federal and state agricultural organizations to conduct surveillance, detection, and monitoring of agricultural crop pests and biological control agents
Systematics, Morphology and Evolution
- Beetles in Quaternary Studies - study of subfossil beetles at Colby College
- Biological Survey of Canada - provides national direction for taxonomic and ecological work on Canada's insect fauna
- CATE Sphingidae - Project aimed to develop the methodology and sociology for transferring the enterprise of taxonomy onto the internet using hawkmoths (Lepidoptera, Sphingidae) and aroid lilies (Araceae) as exemplar taxa.
- Connecticut Butterfly Atlas Project - documenting the distribution of Connecticut butterflies
- Palaeoentomology in Russia - history and the current state of paleoentomology, fossils of insects and arachnids. Catalogues, online publications, reports, personal pages of Russian paleoentomologists, images of insect fossils and localities
- Quaternary Entomology Laboratory - fossil insects. North Dakota State University
- Systematic entomology on the Rutelini tribe - Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Rutelinae, Rutelini tribe - summary of the work of Marc Soula (English and French)