Research Programs, by Taxonomic Group
Homoptera (aphids, scale insects, leafhoppers, cicadas)
Hymenoptera (wasps, ants, bees)
Lepidoptera (butterflies, moths)
- Biocontrol Web Site - USDA-ARS laboratory searches for alternative methods to reduce crop losses caused by insect pests. Research on the introduction and conservation of pests' natural enemies and use of trap crops
- CATE Sphingidae - Project aimed to develop the methodology and sociology for transferring the enterprise of taxonomy onto the internet using hawkmoths (Lepidoptera, Sphingidae) and aroid lilies (Araceae) as exemplar taxa.
- Connecticut Butterfly Atlas Project - documenting the distribution of Connecticut butterflies
- Monarch Butterfly Migration - about the migration patterns of butterflies. Includes observational information about where they have seen monarchs and under what circumstances.
- Monarch Watch - including info on monarch butterfly biology, literature and current projects
Orthoptera (grasshoppers, crickets)
- Biocontrol Web Site - - USDA-ARS laboratory searches for alternative methods to reduce crop losses caused by insect pests. Research on the introduction and conservation of pests' natural enemies and use of trap crops
- Behavioural Ecology of Insect Parasitoids - Behavioural ecology is a scientific field that tries to understand what sort of optimal behaviours animals should adopt in order to maximise their production of progeny. The aim of the programme is to foster, at the European level, researchers in this filed using insect parasitoids as a biological model.
- Benefit of Manuka Honey - An informational site that describes the benefits of using Manuka Honey for medicinal purposes.
- Biological Survey of Canada - provides national direction for taxonomic and ecological work on Canada's insect fauna
- Chemicals Affecting Insect Behavior - laboratory involved in research on controlling insect behavior using semiochemicals. Active in isolation and identification of natural product chemicals that influence insect behavior.
- Citrus Research International - research on citrus pests. South Africa
- Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey - combined effort by U.S. federal and state agricultural organizations to conduct surveillance, detection, and monitoring of agricultural crop pests and biological control agents
- Forest Entomology Lab - University of Toronto
- Insect Behaviour Group - interests ranging from the neural bases of behaviour to the theoretical modeling of mating systems
- Integrated Management of Arthropod Pests of Livestock and Poultry - regional research project S-274, Veterinary Entomology, livestock and poultry pests
- Iowa Mail-In Deer Tick Survey - free identification of ticks sent in by Iowa residents
- Kearney Agricultural Center Citrus Entomology Laboratory - provides degree-day and resistance management information to citrus growers
- Laboratory for Pest Control Application Technology - multidisciplinary 5-department, 20-member team focused on developing a better understanding of toxin delivery processes, optimizing pest control systems and reducing human and environmental exposure.
- Landscape Entomology Laboratory - Purdue University
- North Central Regional Committee on Migration and Dispersal of Insects and other Biota - Research and news about movement and dispersal of biota with a strong emphasis on insects. Primary outlet of information about NCR-148, but also other groups worldwide working with the movement of biota in atmospheric motion systems. Housed at University of Illinois.
- Palaeoentomology in Russia - history and the current state of paleoentomology, fossils of insects and arachnids. Catalogues, online publications, reports, personal pages of Russian paleoentomologists, images of insect fossils and localities
- Tick Research Laboratory - non-profit adjunct of the Department of Biological Sciences, University of Rhode Island
- Universidade Federal de Viçosa - Laboratório de Ecologia Quantitativa. Brazil
- Vector-borne Infectious Diseases - Tulane University Department of Tropical Medicine