Integrated Pest Management, by Taxonomic Group
- Asian Longhorned Beetle - broad base of information about the Asian longhorned beetle (Anoplophora glabripennis), a devastating exotic pest threatening hardwood trees in North America.
- Corn Rootworm Home Page - central site for Western and Northern Corn Rootworm (Iowa State University)
- Emerald Ash Borer - by David Roberts, Michigan State University. Agrilus planipennis photos and history of impact on ash trees
- SBexpert - decision support system aids forest land managers in the reduction of risk and hazard from spruce beetle outbreaks in Alaska. Also included are an electronic textbook and a literature search program. Windows only
- Small Hive Beetle - Aethina tumida, a new pest of honeybees established in the southeastern U.S.
- Southern Pine Beetle - clearinghouse for information on Dendroctonus frontalis. From Virginia Tech
- The Fly in your Eye - A small book (pub 1989) about the war deliberately started in Australia between dung beetles and bush flies. Based on CSIRO research. Hard facts, technical drawings, cartoons, jokes. Much used in Australian schools.
- Integrated Fly Management Presentation - presentation emphasizing insect light traps but covering all areas need to control filth breeding flies without the use of pesticides. Requires Flash.
- Nzi Trap for Biting Flies - practical tsetse and biting fly control with environment-friendly trapping technology that does not rely on the use of insecticides
- The Fly in your Eye - - A small book (pub 1989) about the war deliberately started in Australia between dung beetles and bush flies. Based on CSIRO research. Hard facts, technical drawings, cartoons, jokes. Much used in Australian schools.
- The Hessian Fly
Hemiptera (true bugs)
- Bed bugs: Biology and Management FAQ - biology, ecology, public health significance of bed bugs. Identification resource and integrated pest management strategies for homeowners, tenants, and landlords. Harvard.
Homoptera (aphids, scale insects, leafhoppers, cicadas)
- Xylella fastidiosa - University of California-Berkely. Plant diseases caused by the insect-transmitted bacterium Xylella fastidiosa. Included are descriptions of the diseases by geography and plant host, vectors and transmission, news, contacts, and references.
Hymenoptera (wasps, ants, bees)
- Dr. Don's Termite Pages - Basic information for the consumer and student. What termites do, why they do it and, how to avoid problems. Comments on biology and ecology as well as hints for choosing pest control companies.
Lepidoptera (butterflies, moths)
Orthoptera (grasshoppers, crickets)
- Australian Plague Locust Commission - role of the Australian Plague Locust Commission (APLC), how we forecast, monitor and control locusts in Australia, research and extension activites as well as issues of the monthly APLC Locust Bulletin
- Grasshoppers of Wyoming and the West - Dr. Robert Pfadt's Field Guide to Common Western Grasshoppers with photography and detailed life history information on over 50 grasshopper species. Management, distribution, and population dynamics
- Grasshoppers: Their Biology, Identification and Management - comprehensive grasshopper management site containing APHIS' Grasshopper Integrated Pest Management User Handbook, Field Guide to Common Western Grasshoppers, information on new grasshopper control techniques, and new research findings.
- Mole Cricket Knowledgebase - Florida's pest management success story. Mole cricket knowledgebase on all ten species found in the United States, including Hawaii, and Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Distribution, description, life cycle, damage, and biological controls. Identification key for these species that makes heavy use of graphics and photographs. Large lists of references in every area. HTML format works on PCs and Macs.
- ACORN - alternative control outreach research network. Network of Master Gardeners, extension educators and university researchers interested in reducing pesticide use in home gardens
- Armed Forces Pest Management Board - resources and policy for pest management for the U.S. Department of Defense
- Association of Applied IPM Ecologists - not-for-profit association of IPM practitioners. Provides information about pest management while encouraging environmentally compatible approaches and an awareness of IPM
- BugMatch Cotton - for cotton production in Australia. Pest keys, photos and video, IPM strategies
- BugMatch Grapes - for grape production in Australia and New Zealand. Keys for diagnosing diseases and pests, fact sheets
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency - plant pest surveillance and invasive species
- Center for Urban and Industrial Pest Management - Purdue University
- China Society of Plant Protection
- Consortium for International Crop Protection - purpose is to assist developing nations reduce food crop losses caused by pests while also safeguarding the environment
- Diagnosis For Crop Protection - training tool for teaching diagnostic skills, aimed primarily at tertiary students and crop consultants. Presents various problem scenarios with graphic displays, video and sound. New Zealand. Windows only
- ESCAPE - Exotic Species Curriculum for Agricultural Problem-solving Education. A series of modules about exotic insect species that have been introduced to America for pre-college students and undergrads.
- Featured Creatures - A continuously growing Florida Web site providing detailed information on description, distribution, damage, and management (if necessary) of various Florida organisms (insects, spiders, mites, snails, nematodes, etc.) as well as scientific references, links to recommended pesticides and more. Over 350 publications with thousands of color photographs and line drawings.
- FETCH21 - Forest Entomology CHallenge for the 21st Century. Forest insect information.
- Florida Insect Management Guide - Insect insect management recommendations developed by University of Florida entomologists.
- Florida Integrated Pest Management - IPM information and technology with an emphasis on biological control as they apply to Florida.
- Forest and Shade Tree Insects of Florida - for identifying, understanding, and managing the insects affecting forest and shade trees in Florida.
- Forest Pests of North America - image database from the Bugwood Network
- Global Crop Pest Identification and Information Services in IPM - to provide information about pest identification, biology, ecology and IPM control tactics via the internet to extensionists of third world countries. Site seems abandoned.
- High Plains Integrated Pest Management Guide - for Montana, western Nebraska, Wyoming, and Colorado
- Horticulture and Home Pest Newsletter - from Iowa State University
- Insect Traps and Sampling - Various insect traps and sampling techniques.
- Integrated Crop Management Newsletter - published by Iowa State University
- Integrated Pest Management Resource Centre - databases on insects for sale and contacts in the pest management world as well as pages on ecotoxicology, jobs, courses, journals current contents, and an acronym library. Based in the UK.
- Invasive and Exotic Insects - Extensive list of insects with associated images as well as information pertaining to identification and management resources.
- Iowa State University IPM
- IPM for Commercial Nursery/Floral Crops - jointly sponsored by Texas A&M, Texas Association of Nurserymen, and Texas Pest Management Association
- IPM Institute of North America - independent non-profit organization formed in 1998 to foster recognition and rewards in the marketplace for goods and service providers who practice IPM
- IPM Manual for Home and Garden Pests in British Columbia - Canada
- IPM Online Homestudy Courses - from University of Connecticut. Non-credit.
- Kentucky IPM
- Laboratory for Pest Control Application Technology - multidisciplinary 5-department, 20-member team focused on developing a better understanding of toxin delivery processes, optimizing pest control systems and reducing human and environmental exposure.
- LivingWithBugs - Least-toxic solutions to insect and mite problems for homeowners, small business and the medical community.
- Michigan State University IPM
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries - Government of British Columbia, Canada
- Montana State University IPM
- Mountain West IPM - IPM for Colorado and Wyoming
- New Jersey IPM - Rutgers University
- New York State IPM
- North Central IPM Center
- North Central Region IPM Center: Minnesota Project - pest alerts, invasive species, pesticide resources
- Northeast IPM Center
- Ohio IPM
- Pennsylvania IPM
- Pest Management at the Crossroads - (book) Summarizes the origins of current policies and problems related to pest management. Maps out a transition to make biointensive IPM, driven by market forces, the predominant strategy by the year 2020.
- Pests in and Around the Home - Knowledgebase of pests of humans, pets, structures, lawns and landscapes. CD-ROM contains information on pest biology, life cycle, identification keys, distribution, damage, and management. Hundreds of color photographs. HTML version works on Mac or PCs. Version 2.0.
- Public Health Pest Control manual - available in HTML and PDF versions. USDA
- Purdue University Field Crops IPM - corn, soybeans, alfalfa, and small grains in Indiana
- Radcliffe's IPM World Textbook - electronic textbook from University of Minnesota. Edited by Ted Radcliffe and Bill Hutchison.
- Regional IPM Resource Manual - The SCC IPM website and the Regional IPM Resource Manual (CD-ROMprovides public agencies & communities including entomologists with access to information, tools and networks that maximize opportunities for pesticide reduction in Non-Crop Production Agriculture & Structural IPM Programs. The information will help entomologists to understand how to design, implement and administer pest managment programs in Urban, Industrial and Non production agriculture environments. An excellent resource for practicing entomologists.
- RiceIPM - interactive training to learn about integrated pest management in tropical rice. From a collaboration between Ministries of Agriculture in Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam; the International Rice Research Institute in the Philippines; and The University of Queensland, Australia
- Scaffolds Fruit Journal - weekly update on pest management and crop development from Cornell University, New York state
- School IPM - integrated pest management in schools
- Schoolbugs-L - provides updates on additions to the School IPM website and communication with others interested in this area
- South Carolina IPM - Clemson University
- Southern IPM Center
- Texas IPM
- Tree Fruit Pest Management - Washington State University
- University of California IPM
- University of Connecticut IPM
- University of Delaware IPM
- University of Illinois IPM
- University of Maine IPM
- University of Maryland IPM
- University of Massachussetts IPM
- University of New Hampshire IPM
- University of Vermont IPM
- Urban Entomology - Pest and pest management information for home owners and small business in Oregon from Oregon State University.
- USDA Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service Pest Management Emphasis Areas - summary of pest management programs sponsored by CSREES
- USDA National Site for Regional IPM Centers - includes access to CABI Compendia for land-grant college faculty, staff and graduate students
- Veg-Edge - vegetable IPM resource for the upper midwestern U.S. From the University of Minnesota.
- Vegetable Insects and Their Management - Purdue University, Indiana
- Vegetable IPM - for the home vegetable gardener. Locate vegetable insect pests by name, by photo or by feeding mechanism (mouthparts)
- Virginia Tech IPM
- Washington State University IPM
- West Virginia IPM
- Western IPM Center
- Wisconsin IPM
- WoodyBug - knowledgebase on woody ornamental pests (insects and mites) of the southeast United States.