Checklists, by Taxonomic Group
- An Illustrated Atlas of the Laemophloeidae Genera of the World - Illustrations of all the described laemophloeid genera (Coleoptera:Laemophloeidae), with notes on their distribution and number of species.
- Aquatic Insects of Michigan - checklist and identification resources
- Australian Faunal Directory - - checklists and bibliographies for Australian insects
- Buprestidae of Prague, Carabidae of The World - Buprestidae (Jewel Beetles) of Prague and its surroundings, pictures and videos of beetles (Carabidae, Buprestidae, Cerambycidae)
- Carabidae of Germany
- Carabini of Yugoslavia and adjacent areas - The first in the series is the "Catalogue of the Fauna of Yugoslavia: Carabini" representing an interactive, multimedia guide through 140 taxa of Coleoptera from the tribe Carabini registered in Yugoslavia and the surrounding countries.
- Cerambycidae of Florida - Photographic atlas of the longhorn beetles (Coleoptera:Cerambycidae) of Florida, with an AutoMontage habitus photo of each species and a Florida distribution map.
- Checklist of Beetles (Coleoptera) of Florida - includes distribution within the state, extralimital distribution, and biology where known
- Checklist of Czech and Slovak Beetles
- Checklist of Iberian-Balearic Coleoptera
- Checklist of Latvian Beetles - Full and updated list of all known species of Coleoptera in Latvia
- Checklist of Tenebrionidae of Australia - including Lagriinae, Alleculinae
- Checklist of the Beetles of Canada and Alaska - nearly 7,500 species
- Checklist of the beetles of Germany - (Coleoptera) Verzeichnis der Kaefer Deutschlands. Compiled by 20 authors in cooperation with numerous coleopterologists. Published both in print (6,479 species presented separately for 18 regions) and in a database version (german checklist and sources of the 76,639 entries, updated taxonomic catalogue of the beetles of Central Europe with 8,887 species and other files).
- Checklist of the Buprestidae of Madagascare and Adjacent Oceanic Islands
- Checklist of the Cerambycidae of Madagascar and Adjacent Islands
- Checklist of the Coleoptera of Oklahoma - Checklist and bibliography of the more than 2400 species of beetles known to occur in Oklahoma
- Checklist of the flat bark beetles of the world - Lists valid names of 1,058 species in families Cucujidae (sens. str.), Silvanidae, Laemophloeidae, and Passandridae, plus information on distribution.
- Chilean Insects - Universidad Catolica, Chile. South American insect photographs with habitats, links to Chilean entomologists, checklists of Buprestidae and Tenebrionidae
- Chironomidae and Water Beetles of Florida - Checklist of the Chironomidae (Diptera) and water beetles (Coleoptera) of Florida
- Click Beetles of Hawaii
- Coccinellidae of the Indian Subcontinent - images of common species of lady beetles (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) found in the agro-ecosystems of the Indian region, and their natural enemies. An annotated checklist of the Indian fauna and an illustrated key to common Chilocorus species of India are also available.
- Coleoptera of Great Smoky Mountain National Park
- Coleoptera of Rhode Island, USA: An online checklist - Searchable family and species databases of over 2,100 Coleoptera species expected or documented from the state of Rhode Island.
- Cucujidae (sens. str.) of the World - (Coleoptera) Reviews the taxonomy, distribution, morphology, and biology of the flat bark beetles. Includes color photographs of representative species, a list of species, and a key to the genera of the world.
- Elateridae of Boreal North America - click beetles
- Elateroidea of Central, Caribbean, and South America - click beetles
- Fire-Colored Beetles of Wisconsin - (Coleoptera:Pyrochroidae)
- Ground Beetles of the World
- Gulf of Guinea Islands' Biodiversity Network - biodiversity of the four islands of Bioko, Principe, Sao Tome and Annobon in the Gulf of Guinea. Entomological resources at present include checklists of the Coleoptera groups Cerambycidae, Lucanidae, Coccinellidae and Caraboidea and Lepidoptera Geometridae and Noctuidae.
- Histerid Beetles (Coleoptera: Histeridae) of Louisiana
- Index of Coleopterous Families - index of families of Coleoptera (beetles) of the world
- Insects from Former USSR for Collectors - insects from territory of former USSR, including, type locality, synonyms, range, distribution and variation, taxonomic notes, habitat and biology, similar species.
- Longhorn Beetles (Cerambycidae) of the West Palaearctic Region - taxonomy, biology, and macrophotography of longhorn beetles of the West Palaearctic region
- Nicrophorus Central - for all those whose research involves nicrophorine species (burying beetles) (Coleoptera: Silphidae: Nicrophorinae). Taxonomy, photo gallery.
- Scarabaeoid Beetles of Wisconsin
- Stag Beetles of Taiwan - Images, information, and links about stag beetles (Coleoptera: Lucanidae) and various other beetles of Taiwan
- Tenebrionidae and allied families - includes synonyms, distribution, type location
- Tenebrionidae of Wisconsin
- The Darkling Beetles of Florida and Eastern United States - Contains species checklists, identification keys, species profiles and images, distributions in Florida and eastern U.S., and literature.
- Tiger Beetle World - information on tiger beetles (Coleoptera: Cicindelidae) of North America (biology, ecology, identification, techniques for study, research library, resources, cicindelophile directory
- Tiger Beetles of Connecticut - taxonomy, ecology and conservation status of Connecticut's 14 Cicindela species. Keys to adults and larvae.
- Tiger Beetles of North Dakota - biology, morphology, checklist and key
- Trictenotomidae of the World - includes full bibliography, distribution and another interesting information.
- Virgin Islands Beetle Fauna - query by island, family or specimen
- World Catalogue of Scaphidiinae - (Coleoptera: Staphylinidae)
Hemiptera (true bugs)
Homoptera (aphids, scale insects, leafhoppers, cicadas)
Hymenoptera (wasps, ants, bees)
Lepidoptera (butterflies, moths)
- Aquatic Insects of Michigan - - - - - - - checklist and identification resources
- Arctiinae of the former USSR - a list of Arctiinae with full synonymy, references on first descriptions and distribution. Also data on Ethmiidae, Lithosiinae, Lasiocampidae
- Australian Faunal Directory - - - - - - - - - - - - checklists and bibliographies for Australian insects
- Butterflies of Catalonia
- Butterflies of Ireland - brief photographic guide
- Butterflies of New England - links to photos and species information
- Butterflies of North America - distributional data, thumbnails, and checklists
- Butterflies of North America CD-ROM: A Natural History and Field Guide - by Dr. James A. Scott. Pictures of 679 species; maps; life cycles; behavior; hostplants; identification tools; glossary. For Windows only.
- Butterflies of North Asia - The site of late Yu.P. Korshunow, now guided by s. L. Nikolaev. A scientific site mostly dedicated to Durna studies of the Asian part of Russia.
- Butterfly Info in the Netherlands and Surrounding Areas - brief description and plates of each Dutch butterfly species, as well as a literature listing and butterfly-related poems
- Catacola - underwing moths. Taxonomy, rearing guide, keys, egg gathering techniques
- Catalogue of the Lepidoptera of the French Antilles - a database dealing with lepidopteran families occurring in the islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe. Many species listed here may be found throughout the West Indies.
- CATE Sphingidae - Project aimed to develop the methodology and sociology for transferring the enterprise of taxonomy onto the internet using hawkmoths (Lepidoptera, Sphingidae) and aroid lilies (Araceae) as exemplar taxa.
- Checklist of Finnish Lepidoptera
- Checklist of Florida Lepidoptera - An up-to-date list of all the butterflies and moths recorded from Florida. Includes alphabetical indices to both scientific and common names, and some linked images.
- Checklist of Michigan Butterflies
- Checklist of Michigan Orthopteroids - over 150 species included.
- Checklist of North American Butterflies - includes 722 species
- Checklist of the Sphingidae of British Columbia - Royal British Columbia Museum (PDF File)
- Database of Illinois Lepidoptera - includes county information. Records gathered from 36 institutional and private collections. Specimens from 931 localities collected from 1893 to 1993. Over 1100 species representing 48 families are included.
- English Names of North American Butterflies Occurring North of Mexico
- Global Butterfly Species Register - (GART) a global taxonomic catalog. State Museum of Natural History, Stuttgart.
- Gulf of Guinea Islands' Biodiversity Network - - biodiversity of the four islands of Bioko, Principe, Sao Tome and Annobon in the Gulf of Guinea. Entomological resources at present include checklists of the Coleoptera groups Cerambycidae, Lucanidae, Coccinellidae and Caraboidea and Lepidoptera Geometridae and Noctuidae.
- Hawk Moths of the Philippines - (Lepidoptera: Sphingidae)
- Hong Kong Moths - investigates the zoogeography and phenology of moths in Hong Kong; pictures of species and species lists for several moth families included
- Images of New Zealand Lepidoptera type specimens - combined multi-page checklist and image collection. Provides images of type speciemens for the vast majority of New Zealand Lepidoptera species.
- Insects from Former USSR for Collectors - - insects from territory of former USSR, including, type locality, synonyms, range, distribution and variation, taxonomic notes, habitat and biology, similar species.
- Inventory of Geometrid Moths of Europe - multimedia data on systematics, zoogeography and ecology
- Lasiocampidae of a territory of the previous USSR - list of species with references on first descriptions and full distribution; from Atalanta 23(3/4): 531-548 (1992) with some additions and corrections
- Lepdiopterology.com - Butterfly and moth news, glossary, directory, electronic museum, almanac
- Lepidoptera of Norway
- LepIndex - Global Lepidoptera Names Index. A computerised and updated version of the Natural History Museum's (UK) unique and comprehensive card index archive to the scientific names of the living and fossil Lepidoptera of the world.
- Macromoths of Atlantic Canada - Illustrated checklist of macromoths of Fundy National Park, New Brunswick, Canada. Over 600 species.
- Michigan Lepidoptera Survey - documenting Michigan moths, butterflies and skippers. Includes checklist
- Moths of North Dakota - identification guide, photos of adults and larvae
- Moths of Southeastern Arizona
- Saturnia - Saturniidae and other bombycoid moths. Checklists are under Research link
- Saturniidae of the Western Palaearctic - annotated checklist of the silkmoths of Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
- Sesiidae of Serbia - 48 species from this family, registered in Serbia, representing 45% of species with European distribution
- South Carolina Moths Searchable Checklist
- Sphingidae of the Americas - sphinx moths
- Sphingidae of the Western Palearctic - An annotated checklist of the Sphingidae of the western palaearctic
Mecoptera (scorpionflies and hangingflies)
Neuroptera (lacewings, ant lions, dobsonflies)
Odonata (dragonflies, damselflies)
- Aquatic Insects of Michigan - - - - - - - - - checklist and identification resources
- Australian Faunal Directory - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - checklists and bibliographies for Australian insects
- California Odonata - dragonflies and damselflies of California
- Checklist and Status of Illinois Damselflies - (Odonata: Zygoptera)
- Checklist and Status of Illinois Dragonflies - (Odonata: Anisoptera)
- Checklist of European Odonates - (damselflies and dragonflies)
- Checklist of Odonata found in Michigan - Requires Adobe Reader as this file is in PDF.
- Checklist of Odonata Found in Oregon - checklists, county record maps, photographs, links to Odonata sites, Odonata-related projects in Oregon, notes on commercial nymph harvesting for fishing bait, notes on dragonfly migrations
- Checklist of the Odonata of Connecticut
- Database of Illinois Odonata - over 6,500 records gathered from institutional and private collections. Approximately 150 species representing 9 families are included in the database. The database includes records from 92 counties.
- Dragonflies of the Southwest - includes distribution maps
- Gulf of Guinea Islands' Biodiversity Network - - - biodiversity of the four islands of Bioko, Principe, Sao Tome and Annobon in the Gulf of Guinea. Entomological resources at present include checklists of the Coleoptera groups Cerambycidae, Lucanidae, Coccinellidae and Caraboidea and Lepidoptera Geometridae and Noctuidae.
- Insects from Former USSR for Collectors - - - insects from territory of former USSR, including, type locality, synonyms, range, distribution and variation, taxonomic notes, habitat and biology, similar species.
- Iowa Odonates - Dragonflies and Damselflies of Iowa. Photos, maps, and checklists of dragonflies and damselflies recorded in Iowa.
- Odonata - Dragonflies and Damselflies - includes checklists for the U.S. states of Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Oklahoma
- Odonata Central - Searchable county level database to the dragonflies and damselflies of the south central U.S., including maps and photographs. Texas checklist.
- Swedish Dragonflies - dragonfly photography, folklore, list of Swedish dragonflies, key, rearing information
Orthoptera (grasshoppers, crickets)
- An Illustrated Catalog of Orthoptera - Complete taxonomic and synonymic catalog of the superfamily Tettigonioidea (katydids, bush-crickets and their allies) of the world. It includes all taxa, from family down to subspecies, of Tettigonioidea described until the end of 1998. For Macintosh or Windows.
- Aquatic Insects of Michigan - - - - - - - - - - checklist and identification resources
- Australian Faunal Directory - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - checklists and bibliographies for Australian insects
- Checklist of Crickets North of Mexico
- Checklist of the Orthopteroid Orders of Oklahoma
- Checklist of Turkish Orthoptera
- Grasshoppers of Florida - color guide to grasshoppers in the southeastern United States, including maps. PDF format.
- Katydids of Costa Rica Vol. 1 - Systematics and bioacoustics of the cone-head katydids by Piotr Naskrecki
- Orthoptera of the Northern Great Plains - anatomy, key, photos
- Orthoptera Species File Online - taxonomic database of the Orthoptera of the world. Includes full synonymic and taxonomic data as well as type data for all species of Tettigonioidea (katydids, bush-crickets), Grylloidea (crickets), Tridactyloidea (sand crickets), and Tetrigoidea (pygmy grasshoppers).
Phasmida (stick insects)
Strepsiptera (twisted-wing parasites)
- Australian Faunal Directory - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - checklists and bibliographies for Australian insects
- ThripsNet - checklist, keys, biology, collection. Martin Luther University of Halle, Wittenberg, Germany
Zoraptera (angel insects)
- Animals Occurring in Fresh Water in the British Isles, Including Invertebrates - Institute of Freshwater Ecology
- Checklist of Insect Orders - simple checklist of insect orders, families and subfamilies
- Freshwater Invertebrate Survey of Suffolk - records for freshwater invertebrates from the county of Suffolk in England. Maintained by the county recorder. Photos, drawings, distribution maps and general information about the invertebrates recorded.
- Hawaiian Arthropod Checklist - an authority file of non-marine arthropod names for the Hawaiian Islands
- Insect Fauna of Tallgrass Prairies - pictorial catalogue of the insects identified from tallgrass prairies at three sites in western Minnesota
- Insects of Papua Indonesia - Taxonomic and faunistic overviews on the insect species living in Papua (Indonesian New Guinea)
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System - taxon-based biological information system with drill-down capabilities
- Nomina Insecta Nearctica - checklist of the insects of North America. Abbreviated online version of the publication of the same title published by Entomological Information Services in 1996 and 1997 in four volumes and a CD-ROM.
- Ohio Biological Survey - list of Ohio species, including endangered and threatened species
- Primary Type Specimen Database - insect primary types in the collection of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard University. Data on more than 28,000 types, representing 29 orders, 565 families, and 7,578 genera of insects. It also includes high quality images of types. Virtually all types of Cerambycidae, Buprestidae, Nymphalidae, Lycaenidae, Pieridae, Tettigoniidae, and a large portion of Formicidae.
- The Insects of Cedar Creek - A photographic taxonomic survey of the insects found at the Cedar Creek Natural History Area, Minnesota. Checklists, name indices, and narrative information on many species.
- The TIARA Project - Collaborative biological information system for the insects and terrestrial arthropods of the south-central United States and adjacent Mexico. Click on Help for overview.
- Water Mites of South Africa - Checklists, with synonyms, distribution notes or season of activity, depending on the taxon