Keys, by Taxonomic Group
- Aquatic Insects of Michigan - checklist and identification resources
- Carabini of Yugoslavia and adjacent areas - The first in the series is the "Catalogue of the Fauna of Yugoslavia: Carabini" representing an interactive, multimedia guide through 140 taxa of Coleoptera from the tribe Carabini registered in Yugoslavia and the surrounding countries.
- Click Beetles of Hawaii
- Coccinellidae of the Indian Subcontinent - images of common species of lady beetles (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) found in the agro-ecosystems of the Indian region, and their natural enemies. An annotated checklist of the Indian fauna and an illustrated key to common Chilocorus species of India are also available.
- Cucujidae (sens. str.) of the World - (Coleoptera) Reviews the taxonomy, distribution, morphology, and biology of the flat bark beetles. Includes color photographs of representative species, a list of species, and a key to the genera of the world.
- Elateridae of Boreal North America - click beetles
- Flea Beetles of North Dakota
- Key to Genera of Chlamydopsinae - (Coleoptera: Histeridae). Requires free Lucid Player
- Nicrophorus Central - for all those whose research involves nicrophorine species (burying beetles) (Coleoptera: Silphidae: Nicrophorinae). Taxonomy, photo gallery.
- The Darkling Beetles of Florida and Eastern United States - Contains species checklists, identification keys, species profiles and images, distributions in Florida and eastern U.S., and literature.
- Tiger Beetle World - information on tiger beetles (Coleoptera: Cicindelidae) of North America (biology, ecology, identification, techniques for study, research library, resources, cicindelophile directory
- Tiger Beetles of Connecticut - taxonomy, ecology and conservation status of Connecticut's 14 Cicindela species. Keys to adults and larvae.
- Tiger Beetles of North Dakota - biology, morphology, checklist and key
Hemiptera (true bugs)
Homoptera (aphids, scale insects, leafhoppers, cicadas)
- Aphids of Karnataka - Compilation of fact sheets on the aphid fauna of Karnataka, providing diagnostic and biological information for about 65 species along with colour photographs and line drawings to facilitate easy field identification
- Checklists and Keys to Australian Planthoppers - (Hemiptera : Auchenorrhynca). From New South Wales Agricultural Scientific Collections Unit.
- Cicadas of Michigan - sounds, photos and a key
- Leafhoppers - classification and biology of leafhoppers and their relatives. Directory of leafhopper specialists. Key to major groups.
Hymenoptera (wasps, ants, bees)
Lepidoptera (butterflies, moths)
- Aquatic Insects of Michigan - - - - - - - checklist and identification resources
- Catacola - underwing moths. Taxonomy, rearing guide, keys, egg gathering techniques
- CATE Sphingidae - Project aimed to develop the methodology and sociology for transferring the enterprise of taxonomy onto the internet using hawkmoths (Lepidoptera, Sphingidae) and aroid lilies (Araceae) as exemplar taxa.
- Key to Butterflies of the Lake Baikal Region - almost 2000 high resolution full-color digital images of all 197 Baikalian species and many of its caterpillars and pupae. Includes pictured key to butterfly families and pictured keys to all species. Detailed information of every species (in Russian). HTML format for Macintosh or PC. First version 31 Dec 2001. Price: $30.00 US (incl. postage). For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keys for butterflies from Venezuela - Morpho (Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae), Xylophanes (Lepidoptera: Sphingidae), Diaphania (Lepidoptera: Crambidae)
- Moths of North Dakota - identification guide, photos of adults and larvae
- UKmoths - photographic database of moths in the UK displayed in their natural resting position. About 1500 of the 2400 UK moths are featured
Mecoptera (scorpionflies and hangingflies)
Neuroptera (lacewings, ant lions, dobsonflies)
Odonata (dragonflies, damselflies)
Orthoptera (grasshoppers, crickets)
- Aquatic Insects of Michigan - - - - - - - - - - checklist and identification resources
- Electronic Key for Common Adult Grasshoppers of the Western United States - identify and find information for 58 of the most common adult grasshoppers of the Western U.S. which pose the greatest environmental and economic threat.
- Grasshoppers of Florida - color guide to grasshoppers in the southeastern United States, including maps. PDF format.
- Grasshoppers of New Mexico - Orthoptera: Acrididae and Romaleidae
- Grasshoppers: Their Biology, Identification and Management - comprehensive grasshopper management site containing APHIS' Grasshopper Integrated Pest Management User Handbook, Field Guide to Common Western Grasshoppers, information on new grasshopper control techniques, and new research findings.
- Guide to Orthoptera of the Netherlands - in Dutch
- Guide to the Grasshoppers of Wisconsin - keys, photos and species distributions
- Katydids of Costa Rica Vol. 1 - Systematics and bioacoustics of the cone-head katydids by Piotr Naskrecki
- Key to families and subfamilies of crickets
- Key to Wyoming Grasshoppers: Acrididae and Tetrigidae - online presentation of a revison made in 1998 by Timothy J. McNary to a key developed by Dr. Robert E. Pfadt, Professor Emeritus, University of Wyoming
- Mole Cricket Knowledgebase - Florida's pest management success story. Mole cricket knowledgebase on all ten species found in the United States, including Hawaii, and Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Distribution, description, life cycle, damage, and biological controls. Identification key for these species that makes heavy use of graphics and photographs. Large lists of references in every area. HTML format works on PCs and Macs.
- Orthoptera of the Northern Great Plains - anatomy, key, photos
- Orthoptera Species File Online - taxonomic database of the world's grasshoppers, locusts, katydids and crickets, both living and fossil. Full synonymic and taxonomic information for 23,700 valid species, 39,999 taxonomic names, 145,100 citations to 11,850 references, 44,000 images, 184 sound recordings, 37,980 specimens, and keys to 2,100 taxa.
Phasmida (stick insects)
- ThripsNet - checklist, keys, biology, collection. Martin Luther University of Halle, Wittenberg, Germany
- BugMatch Cotton - for cotton production in Australia. Pest keys, photos and video, IPM strategies
- BugMatch Grapes - for grape production in Australia and New Zealand. Keys for diagnosing diseases and pests, fact sheets
- Keys to Insect Pests and Beneficials in Tropical Rice - University of Queensland, Australia. Requires free Lucid Player
- Ozpest - reference system for urban insects and their control. Keys to urban insect pests, timber damage, stored product damage. University of Queensland, Australia