Odonata (dragonflies, damselflies), by Content Type
- Aquatic Insects of Michigan - checklist and identification resources
- Australian Faunal Directory - - checklists and bibliographies for Australian insects
- California Odonata - dragonflies and damselflies of California
- Checklist and Status of Illinois Damselflies - (Odonata: Zygoptera)
- Checklist and Status of Illinois Dragonflies - (Odonata: Anisoptera)
- Checklist of European Odonates - (damselflies and dragonflies)
- Checklist of Odonata found in Michigan - Requires Adobe Reader as this file is in PDF.
- Checklist of Odonata Found in Oregon - checklists, county record maps, photographs, links to Odonata sites, Odonata-related projects in Oregon, notes on commercial nymph harvesting for fishing bait, notes on dragonfly migrations
- Checklist of the Odonata of Connecticut
- Database of Illinois Odonata - over 6,500 records gathered from institutional and private collections. Approximately 150 species representing 9 families are included in the database. The database includes records from 92 counties.
- Dragonflies of the Southwest - includes distribution maps
- Gulf of Guinea Islands' Biodiversity Network - biodiversity of the four islands of Bioko, Principe, Sao Tome and Annobon in the Gulf of Guinea. Entomological resources at present include checklists of the Coleoptera groups Cerambycidae, Lucanidae, Coccinellidae and Caraboidea and Lepidoptera Geometridae and Noctuidae.
- Insects from Former USSR for Collectors - insects from territory of former USSR, including, type locality, synonyms, range, distribution and variation, taxonomic notes, habitat and biology, similar species.
- Iowa Odonates - Dragonflies and Damselflies of Iowa. Photos, maps, and checklists of dragonflies and damselflies recorded in Iowa.
- Odonata - Dragonflies and Damselflies - includes checklists for the U.S. states of Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Oklahoma
- Odonata Central - Searchable county level database to the dragonflies and damselflies of the south central U.S., including maps and photographs. Texas checklist.
- Swedish Dragonflies - dragonfly photography, folklore, list of Swedish dragonflies, key, rearing information
- Cornell University Insect Collection - historical overview of the collection, list of holdings of the main collection and information on the holdings in various orders, student faculty and staff associated with the collection, a searchable database of all types
- Frost Entomological Museum - 700,000 specimens. Pennsylvania State
- Illinois Natural History Survey - 6 million specimens. Several insect databases, including a searchable, specimen level Plecoptera database . Dates back to 1858
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County - Insects of the southwestern United States, aculeate hymenoptera, lepidoptera, diptera, coleoptera, odonata
- University of Michigan Musem of Zoology, Insect Division - one of the largest university insect collections in North America with 4.5 million specimens. Especially Odonata, Orthoptera, Acari, Coleoptera, and Homoptera
- BugGuide.Net - community site with user-submitted images for identification, information on insect groups
- Calodema Website of Dr TJ Hawkeswood - - - Website provides free PDF files of TJ Hawkeswood and his co-workers biological research.
- Checklist of Odonata Found in Oregon - - checklists, county record maps, photographs, links to Odonata sites, Odonata-related projects in Oregon, notes on commercial nymph harvesting for fishing bait, notes on dragonfly migrations
- Common North American Arthropods - Extensive catalog of copyrighted high-resolution arthropod photographs.
- Digital Dragonflies - digital images of dragonflies with instructions on how to make your own
- Dragonflies and Damselflies of India - Photographic guide to Dragonflies and Damselflies found in India.
- Fossil Dragonflies - photos of fossil dragonflies
- Iowa Odonates - - Dragonflies and Damselflies of Iowa. Photos, maps, and checklists of dragonflies and damselflies recorded in Iowa.
- Odonata Central - - Searchable county level database to the dragonflies and damselflies of the south central U.S., including maps and photographs. Texas checklist.
- Ray Bruun Photography - Pictures of Odonata (dragonflies and damselflies).
- Swedish Dragonflies - - dragonfly photography, folklore, list of Swedish dragonflies, key, rearing information
- Wisconsin Dragonflies and Damselflies
Journals and Newsletters
- Calodema Website of Dr TJ Hawkeswood - - - - Website provides free PDF files of TJ Hawkeswood and his co-workers biological research.
- Ode News - occasional newsletter about dragonflies and damselflies on Cape Cod
- PETALURA - electronic journal of the Specialist Group for Systematic and Phylogenetic Odonatology
Meetings and Conferences
- ClubTail - dragonfly database software. Windows only
- Insects in Motion - Quicktime video clips of various insects showing feeding behavior and life stage development, including a bee stinging