Apiculture (Beekeeping) and Social Insects, by Taxonomic Group
- Insects in Motion - Quicktime video clips of various insects showing feeding behavior and life stage development, including a bee stinging
- Small Hive Beetle - Aethina tumida, a new pest of honeybees established in the southeastern U.S.
- Insects in Motion - - Quicktime video clips of various insects showing feeding behavior and life stage development, including a bee stinging
Hymenoptera (wasps, ants, bees)
- Africanized honey bees - Africanized bee information, especially in relation to California. Includes bibliography with over 900 references
- All About Bees
- American Association of Professional Apiculturists
- American Bee Journal - The Journal has the honor of being the oldest English language beekeeping publication in the world.
- American Beekeeping Federation
- Ant Colony Developers Association - fore those with an interest in ant colonies
- Apiculture Newsletter - From UC-Davis entomology department.
- APIS: Apicultural Information and Issues - archive of individual issues of the Apicultural Information and Issues monthly newsletter, published by the Florida Cooperative Extension Service
- Apiservices - Virtual Beekeeping Gallery - information, products and services for beekeeping, bees and honey. Trilingual site: English, French and Spanish
- Bee Alert - using bees to assess environmental hazards. Online video cameras, electronic hive monitoring. Kids' section.
- Bee Briefs - Short articles on topics of interest to beekeepers. UC-Davis
- Bee Genera of the World - Synonymic listing, including type species and subgenera; based on Michener, 2000, with updates.
- Bee Improvement - from Bee Improvement and Bee Breeders' Association (BIBBA), a UK-based organisation dedicated to conservation and improvement of native honey bees.
- Bee Research Lab - Beltsville, MD. Research projects and instruction for submission of samples to the diagnostic service. USDA-ARS
- Bee Tidings Newsletter - image-rich newsletter for Midwestern beekeepers produced by the University of Nebraska, Marion Ellis, editor.
- BEE-L - for discussion of bee research and biology. Subjects include sociobiology, behavior, ecology, genetics, taxonomy, physiology, pollination, and many others
- Beehoo - world beekeeping directory. More than 1,000 websites about beekeeping, bees, apitherapy, honey recipes, queen breeding
- Beekeeper's Reference - regional beekeeping groups, multimedia, books
- Beekeeping in Top-Bar Hives - an alternative method of beekeeping. Plans for hives, helpful photos
- Beekeeping: The Beekeeper's Home Page - the honey bee, and honey production, beginner tips, photos. Canadian and North American content
- BOMBUS-L - mailing list dedicated to discussion of bumblebees. To subscribe, send a message to LISTSERV@umdd.umd.edu with SUB BOMBUS-L in the body of your message. Maintained by David Inouye.
- Buzzwords and New Zealand Beekeeping - beekeeping news, bees, statistics, honey descriptions
- Canadian Association of Professional Apiculturists - beekeeping and pollination
- Carl Hayden Bee Research Center GEARS - research on bees and pollination. USDA-ARS
- Danish Beekeepers' Association
- E.H. Thorne (Beehives) Ltd. - Wragby, Lincoln, UK. Beekeeping events in the UK, courses for beginning beekeepers.
- Espacio Apicola - argentine beekeepers' magazine
- Gruppo di Studio per Gli Insetti Sociali UniversitÃƒÂ di Firenze - Discovering Social Wasps. Study Group for Social Wasps of the Department of Animal Biology of the University of Florence, Italy. Italian and English. Biology and behaviour of social wasps (mainly Polistes)
- Honey Bees and Pollination - bee information site for those in the Virginia / Mid-Atlantic region of the USA
- Honeybee - students identify honeybee responsibilities inside the hive, importance of the honeybee to humans, and discover how honeybees communicate. Pre-K to 4th grade
- Insects in Motion - - - Quicktime video clips of various insects showing feeding behavior and life stage development, including a bee stinging
- International Bee Research Association - IBRA aims to increase awareness of the vital role of bees in the environment and encourages the use of bees as wealth creators
- International Union for the Study of Social Insects
- Internet Apiculture and Beekeeping Archive - articles from the Usenet newsgroup sci.agriculture.beekeeping, the logs from the listserv bee-l, FAQ files, and pointers to other beekeeping and apicultural resources, on and off the Internet
- Japanese Ants Image Database - taxonomy of Japanese ants
- John's Beekeeping Notebook - observation beehives, cell-plug queen rearing, experiences of a Peace Corps beekeeper in Fiji, top-bar beekeeping
- Korea Beekeeping Association
- Maine Beekeeping - articles, reports and tips on beekeeping, calendar of events, recommended reading
- Mexican Bee Database - in FoxPro format
- National Beekeepers Association of New Zealand
- NECTAR - Netherlands Expertise Centre for Tropical Agricultural Resources. Non-governmental, non-profit association of beekeeping experts in the Netherlands
- Ohio State University Bee Breeding Program - bee breeding and instrumental insemination of honeybees including procedures, equipment and training
- Raising Bees - from the Small Farm Resource
- Raising Bees - from the Small Farm Resource
- SIWeb - Social Insects Web. systematics, phylogeny, distribution, images, literature and conservation of social insects. From Department of Entomology, American Museum of Natural History
- Solitary Bees: an Addition to Honey Bees - use of Osmia (orchard bees) for pollination. Includes a list of suppliers.
- Stridulation Sounds of Black Fire Ants - Solenopsis richteri in different situations
- The Amazing Beecam - video feed from a beehive
- The Bumblebee Pages - life cycle, frequently asked questions, behavior
- The Hive and the Honeybee - Phillips' Beekeeping Collection online apiculture library
- The Pollination Home Page - portal to pollination information and images
- Torre Bueno's Glossary for Social Insects - entomological glossary
- Varroa mites and how to catch them - treatment, drone method
- Woyke Honey Bee Page - describes genetic expression of body color in different species of honey bees. Warsaw Agricultural University, Poland.
Lepidoptera (butterflies, moths)
- Insects in Motion - - - - Quicktime video clips of various insects showing feeding behavior and life stage development, including a bee stinging
- Insects in Motion - - - - - Quicktime video clips of various insects showing feeding behavior and life stage development, including a bee stinging
Odonata (dragonflies, damselflies)
- Insects in Motion - - - - - - Quicktime video clips of various insects showing feeding behavior and life stage development, including a bee stinging
- ARS Insect Locations - includes stock centers
- Benefit of Manuka Honey - An informational site that describes the benefits of using Manuka Honey for medicinal purposes.
- Bug Tutorials - Authorized for pesticide applicator training CEUs in Arizona, Florida, Vermont and West Virginia. Excellent for training in many categories. Requires Windows operating system.
- Featured Creatures - A continuously growing Florida Web site providing detailed information on description, distribution, damage, and management (if necessary) of various Florida organisms (insects, spiders, mites, snails, nematodes, etc.) as well as scientific references, links to recommended pesticides and more. Over 350 publications with thousands of color photographs and line drawings.
- SwisTrack - A Tracking Tool for Multi-unit Biological and Artificial Systems - SwisTrack is an open source tracking tool for tracking multiple, marker less objects. SwisTrack has been successfully used for tracking cockroaches and miniature robots, and can easily be extended due to its open, object-oriented architecture.