Online Courses, by Entomological Subdiscipline
Systematics, Morphology and Evolution
- Insect Classification - three-credit distance education course offered via CD-ROM. From University of Florida.
- The Snodgrass Tapes - Three audio lectures by Robert E. Snodgrass given in 1960. Transcripts included.
- Distance Master's Degree in Entomology - University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) offers a full curriculum distance M.S. degree in Entomology.
- Distance Master's Degree in Entomology - University of Florida (Gainesville) offers M.S. degree (non-thesis) programs in entomology and pest management for place-bound students, and certificate programs/courses for undergraduate and graduate students interested in taking courses but not enrolling in degree programs.
- Entomology and Acarology - The University of Queensland, through its Entomology Program, now offers instruction in the sciences of Entomology and Acarology at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels for Australian and overseas students
- Forest Entomology and Pathology - forest entomology and forest insect pests of Canada. From Sir Sandford Fleming College.
- II Curso de Iniciación a la Entomología - Introductory course about invertebrates and insects. 21 pages and 38 figures. In Spanish.
- III Curso de Introducción a la Entomología - introductory course of Entomology. Ed. in 1998 by Asociación Naturalista Altoaragonesa Onso. 16 pages and 43 figures. In Spanish. Non-credit.
- Insects and Human Society - three-credit web-based course for non-entomology majors. From Virginia Tech.
- Insects and Society - two-credit web-based course covering a variety of interactions between insects and humans. Primarily for non-entomology majors. From Iowa State University.
- Introduction to Insects - one-credit six-week web-based introduction to insect diversity, biology and management. From Iowa State University.
- Management of Insect Pests - two-credit course. Introduction to insects and their lifestyles. Theory and application of pest-management practices. Examples drawn primarily from field crops. From Iowa State University.
- Principles of Entomology - three-credit beginning course for entomology majors or anyone desiring a thorough introduction to the world of insects. Students must meet for lab at a University of Florida/IFAS Research and Education Center.